We experience stress every minute of our lives both good and bad. Good stress such as a job promotion, new baby or marriage can affect your body just as much as stress caused by loss, busyness, or financial strain.
Stress affects your body, your thoughts and feelings, and your behavior. Stress that's left unchecked can contribute to MANY health problems.
Being able to recognize common stress symptoms can help you manage them.
Are you feeling the effects of stress on your body, your thoughts & feelings, and your behavior?
Take a look at these lists and see…
Stress effects on your body:
Tension or Pain
Change in Sex-drive
Stress effects on your thoughts & feelings:
Angry or Sad Without Cause
Lack of Motivation or Focus
Stress effects on your behavior:
Canceling Plans to Stay Home
Overeating OR Undereating
Crying For Unknown Reason
If you have stress symptoms, taking steps to manage your stress can have many health benefits.
Explore STRESS MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES, such as:
- Exercise- if I can find something I enjoy, so can you. Kick Boxing anyone?
- Deep breathing- try counting backward
- Meditation- for my family that is on God’s word. Choose a scripture, memorize it, meditate on it.
- Prayer- connect with your creator.
- Journaling- get all that out of your head and on to paper. This can even be lists and drawings.
- Keeping a sense of humor- smile and always possess the ability to laugh at yourself
- Spending time with family & friends- even when you just want to go to bed, you need that support
- Setting aside time for hobbies- if you don’t have a hobby, find one. Reading a book or listening to music counts, but what makes you happy?
- Get plenty of sleep- create a routine and stick to it
- Drink enough water- half your body weight in ounces is my recommendation
- Nutrition- give your body the nourishment it needs with good foods and necessary supplements
- Choose to be positive- that glass really is half full, I promise!